Frame Shift Consulting helps technology organizations live up to their values around creating welcoming, inclusive, diverse cultures. We specialize in organizations that want to be role models and leaders in their fields, led by people who are eager to raise the bar and set new standards for their colleagues. We do more than just “check the box” on diversity and inclusion.
Our goal is to create long-lasting systemic culture change through workshops, consulting, and speaking engagements. Our work raises organization-wide awareness and build motivation to change from within. Our services include:
- Ally Skills Workshop: Teaching simple everyday ways to support people who are targets of systemic oppression
- Keynotes and speeches: Engaging, direct, and honest talks on diversity and inclusion in tech
- Conference incident response workshop: Teaching conference organizers to respond to harassment reports effectively
- Train-the-trainers: Teaching people to lead our workshops, such as the Ally Skills Workshop
- Code of conduct design: Advice on the design and implementation of codes of conduct for online and in-person spaces
- Inclusive event design: Advice on organizing highly interactive and inclusive events, such as unconferences
All of our work is based on the open and direct acknowledgement of pervasive systemic bias against women of all races, people of color, LGBTQ people, genderqueer people, people with disabilities, sex workers, older people, mothers, young people, non-neurotypical people, undocumented people, and people of lower socioeconomic status, among others.
Principal consultant Valerie Aurora brings 15 years of experience working for social justice in technology. She led the creation and adoption of the most popular example conference code of conduct, co-founded the Ada Initiative, was lead author of the Ally Skills Workshop, and co-organized the AdaCamp series of unconferences for women in open technology and culture. Prior to co-founding the Ada Initiative, she worked as a open source software developer for over ten years, specializing in Linux and file systems. Learn more about Valerie Aurora here.
To have a conversation about your organization’s needs, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If our services aren’t the right match for you, we will be happy to refer you to organizations we trust.